Sunday, December 6, 2009

California Community College Student, Wanting To Move Out? How? Help.?

I'm a community college student, still having 3 entire semesters still to go. I've been having problems living still here at home with my mom and dad and wish to move out.



School is still a top concern, and living here at home is badly affecting my grades.



I'm looking for a plausible, realistic solution that I can apply to continue attending Community College here in California, while not living here at home with my parents anymore. Trust me, I can't continue living here.



The only things that need to be applied are:



I must continue attending Community College, in California.



...And obviously a way (most likely job) to generate income to be able to live on my own...or with a roommate.



Suggestions of any kind are greatly appreaciated, as this is a growing concern and a big problem.



California Community College Student, Wanting To Move Out? How? Help.?different myspace





This is actually pretty simple.



As a state resident, you are automatically accepted to almost every CC in the state. There are a few, like Santa Barbara City College, that have an apllication process. However, you have lots and lots to choose from,



So, where do you have friends or aunts and uncles or anyone that you know? Call them. Ask if they would like to rent out a room. Someone will say yes. Then go and IMMEDIATELY get a job, any job. Now you have some money, you won't be rich but you'll be away from your house.



Then go to the local CC and apply for a "Guaranteed Student Loan". This will give you 120% or the cost of the tuition, enough to pay for tuition and extras. Then apply for a scholarship. They have them for grades, athletics, and financial need. Sometimes you can work at the school and receive money and free tuition. Also check into the "rent-a-book" program so that you won't have to buy them.



Lastly, ask your relatives for some help to pay for your tuition. Ask them to write a check directly to the school so that they know you won't be using it for something other than college.



I hope this helps.



Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
antivirus programs