Sunday, December 6, 2009

GED, community college, and transfer question?

Hi. I'm seventeen years old right now, and there are a lot of different reasons (which I won't go into) which make me want to drop out of high school and get my GED.



I'm in Texas right now, and I'm a junior in high school. My grades aren't great. I've heard some people saying that if you pass your GED and go to community college for a year, you can transfer to a 4 year public or private school pretty easily (as long as your GPA in in community college is good).



I want to know if this is true? Could I drop out of high school now or later in the year, take my GED test, go to community college for a year, and assuming I make good grades, get into a good four year school without them even looking at my high school grades or seeing that I took my GED and putting me in the low admissions pile because of this?



I don't really want "Maybe" or "I think" answers. I'd love some from experienced people or those who have links to admissions.



GED, community college, and transfer question?myspace codes





This is true. Most Universities require you to have atleast 30 college credits in order for them not to take your H.S grades into consideration. Thats about 1 years worth of classes, even though 30 is the minimum, your chances improve if you have atleast 60 credits which is two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
antivirus programs