Sunday, December 6, 2009

Transgender community?

I was watching Entertainment Tonight and it had a segment about the TG community. I thought of this question, as well as a few others about what happens to the left over body parts, etc. Questions: In this community, if a man becomes a woman, does he now date other women that have always been women (if so, does that make "her" a lesbian even though "she" used to be a he) or does "she" now date men that were always men or does "she" date women who are now men? Hope none of you get insulted by this question but I really just wondered. I'm not trying to poke fun at anyone because I seriously want to know and don't know any one of the transgender community personally.



Transgender community?myspaces-com





Darn labels! To clarify things I guess I have to use them.



They are as varied in sexual orientation as the rest of us.



Some become new women and are are attracted to women thus the relationship is a lesbian relationship.



Some new women are attracted to men thereby the relationship is a heterosexual one.



Some new women are attracted to new men thereby the relationship is viewed heterosexual



Some new men are attracted to women thereby the relationship is heterosexual



Some new men are attracted to men thereby the relationship is gay.



Some are even bisexual, polymory, pansexual or asexual.



Like I said, just like the rest of us.



Transgender community?music myspace myspace.com



There's a community out there??? Where are you guys? I feel so alone!



My take on your question:



After a sex change, you're not suddenly a man or a woman. You've matched your body up to what you are on the inside. You also don't suddenly change your dating habits. You still date people who accept you as a person and do not judge, be that men, women, other transgendered people, little people, amputees, ect ect. Your sexual orientation doesn't change either.



Hope that helps.
Sweety,



the Tg ex man who is turned to a woman dates men.



They don't have a pussy but they get ****** in the ***.



For further questions, my mail is lovehound69_98@yahoo.com
Well there's not that much of a TG community. I mean there are support groups and such, but people tend to disappear as soon as they get through transition. There's just not really much to bind trans people together.



That said, I don't find the question itself insulting, but the thing of putting "she" in quotes is a little rude. Doesn't seem like you intended it that way, I'm just pointing it out to be informative.



As for the body of the question, people start living full time as their target sex long before they ever get surgery, and generally speaking dating habits don't change much. Sexual orientation is really something entirely separate from gender identity. So yes there are transsexual women who date men, and there are some who date women, and there are some who date other transgender people. (I don't have any numbers on it, but being a transsexual I've seen quite a few TG people who meet via support groups and what not and end up dating, I think a major reason for this is just that in a lot of ways it's easier given that you don't risk being dumped solely for being trans)



edit: oh to address the "left over body parts" thing, generally any tissue that isn't used for something else is simply discarded as I understand it. (I believe incinerators are typically used, but I'm not certain, perhaps someone with a hospital management background could clarify on that point).
I don't think I can add anything that no_einstein didn't already say!



Transpeople have desires just as diverse as any non-trans person's varied sexual orientations; they can be gay, straight, lesbian, bisexual, pansexual, omnisexual, asexual, autosexual, whatever.



I've seen men transition to become lesbians, women transition to become gay men, men transition to become straight women, women transition to become straight men. I've seen a heterosexual couple made up of a woman who used to be a man and a man who used to be a woman. I've seen lesbian couples where both women used to be men, and gay male couples where both guys used to be women. Transpeople find non-trans partners all the time, too.



Really, it's just amazingly diverse. There are no rules.



Hope that helps!



P.S.- I'm curious as to what your question is regarding 'left over body parts'!
It's a good question; I actually date transwomen and the subject comes up quite a bit. The distinction we have to make is between sexual orientation (to whom you are attracted) and gender identity (who you are). A MTF that is attracted to men is a heterosexual woman. Mind you, not many people subscribe to this concept; I have been around transwomen so long I fail to seen the need to qualify MTF's as "transexual women" instead of just saying "women". A MTF attracted to women is a lesbian. You can do the math for FTM's.
I always get very concerned at the number of post op MTF Transexuals who claim to be lesbians. Most of those I have come across were never TS at all, and have issues following surgery. Many think that everything will be perfect as soon as they change sex, but never realise you still carry all your problems with you except one.



I have only ever met one or two post op TS lesbians who I believe have been genuine. Most are just trying to take a fetish to it's extreme.



Before everyone starts attacking me, I'll just let you know, I'm post-op and have a wonderful husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
antivirus programs