Sunday, November 29, 2009

Can my community association fine me for parking a camper on a county road within the community boun

The popup camper is legally licenced and with current tags. The association has sent me a registered letter stating that they will fine me if I do not move it out of the community. The association by-laws state that "Trailers shall not be parked on any lot or parked upon any streets or common areas." The street in front of my house is owned by the county (Anne Arundel County, Maryland). Can the association have jurisdiction over this county road within the community? I had the trailer parked in my back yard behind my house. I am surrounded by woods and the only people who could see it are people looking in my back yard. I know they have jurisdiction over my lot in the community. So I have to move it out of my backyard and I want to move it on the county street in front of my house. So do they have juridiction over the county road within the community?



Note: The bylaws were not provided 10 yrs ago when the house was built so we were not informed. This is a separate issue.



Can my community association fine me for parking a camper on a county road within the community boundaries?cool myspace





Yes they can. You have violated the bylaw and are subject to fine. If you want an exception youneed to apply for one.



Bylaws not provided are not the legal fault of the association; it would be the fault of the seller and/or realtor.



Can my community association fine me for parking a camper on a county road within the community boundaries?blocked myspace myspace.com



Yes they can, I hate association, they can be so controling
Short answer is yes they can.



Upon further examination of the issue you will probably be informed by the HOA that the "County Road" is also covered by the same HOA rules. The county likely has a right of way for the road that will last as long as the county wants it. Right of way is not the same as ownership however.



The county will likely inform you to remove the trailer or have it towed away without any notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
antivirus programs