Sunday, November 29, 2009

Community College vs. University?

So, this is my last semester of high-school and I'm down to the nitty gritty of colleges. I've been accepted to a four-year university that I THOUGHT I would like to go. Now, I'm not so sure. I have NO idea what I want to 'do' or 'be.' I've really been erring on the side of a community college for at least the first two years. Any insight with some pros and cons?



My dad thinks that I shouldn't waste my time and money at a four-year University if I don't even know what I want to do. He thinks attending a community college for at least the first two years (for the basic studies) will be cheaper and smarter. By the end of my first two years, hopefully I will at least have SOME idea of what I'm in to.



Also, he thinks going to a four-year school will be a waste if I end up wanting a degree that is only offered at a community college.



Insight and personal stories welcome! : )



Community College vs. University?best myspace





The pros of going to a community college are being able to take classes that you don't want to take for a lot less, everything is so much cheaper, and if you are unsure of what you want to do, you will be able to figure it out because you have to take a class in every field. It is also a lot easier to get into a school as a transfer student than as a freshman.The cons would be having to go through the application process again and wondering whether you'll be able to go to the school that you want to go to all over again.



Community College vs. University?hot myspace myspace.com



I would agree with your dad and go to community college first, then transfer. It will save you a bunch of money, all while giving you a chance to explore your options within that time. The main reason I backed out of going to a university right out of high school was the accedititation of the school, and cost. Overall, the only regret I had going to a CC was the "college experience", there wasn't much offered as far as student activities. However, it did save me a ton of money, because I did change my major twice at the CC and it put me back a year. So I can say it was a fair exchange, cuz now I'm going to the school of my choice and really looking forward to living away from home has to offer. Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
antivirus programs