Sunday, November 29, 2009

Can my community association fine me for parking a trailer on the county road within the community b

The trailer is legally licenced and with current tags. The association has sent me a registered letter stating that they will fine me if I do not move it out of the community. The association by-laws state that "Trailers shall not be parked on any lot or parked upon any streets or common areas." The street in front of my house is owned by the county (Anne Arundel County, Maryland). Can the association have jurisdiction over this county road within the community? I had the trailer parked in my back yard behind my house. I am surrounded by woods and the only people who could see it are people looking in my back yard. I know they have jurisdiction over my lot in the community. So I have to move it out of my backyard and I want to move it on the county street in front of my house. So do they have juridiction over the county road within the community?



Note: The bylaws were not provided 10 yrs ago when the house was built so we were not informed. This is a separate issue.



Can my community association fine me for parking a trailer on the county road within the community boundaries?music myspace





It might be time for the ordinances to be changed to benefit all. There's a restriction on trailers. If it's visible to the public, it's in violation. The key word is visible.



Can my community association fine me for parking a trailer on the county road within the community boundaries?emo myspace myspace.com



Those associations get away with anything.



If you didn't get the bylaws before, you are still responsible for getting them afterwards.



You have to ask to plead your case in front of the board, at one of those monthly meetings. Ultimately, they vote on sustaining or waiving the fees. If you do not want to do that, a lawyer specializing in housing issues may advise you
I don't know the definitive answer to your question, but a simple search of the zoning laws for your county yields the following as prohibited:



"Parking oversized vehicles in a residential district"



So, at a minimum you would need to check into that.



I don't know about your county, but many places have laws that prohibit parking on any street for longer than a certain amount of time (often around 48 hours), so if you are planning on leaving this trailer parked on the street for weeks at a time, you may be in trouble.



In short, you may just need to rent a parking space for it. Many "storage" places rent parking spaces for RVs, trailers, etc.
If you are not a member of the Community Association they can not just annex you. I bought a house I use a rental property before the Home Owners Association was formed ( the HOA denies property to be used as rentals) and I'm grandfathered. All the benefits and none of the costs. More importantly they have zero control over what I do. I do have to follow zoning laws this may be what your looking at is a zoning issue.



Get a Lawyer he can explain thing to you and the HOA
Contact your county court house with this question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
antivirus programs