Sunday, November 29, 2009

Community service for college acceptance... Is it that necessary? If yes, what should I do?

I haven't done any community service yet. Of course, every student around me has. And it's obviously only because they believe it will heighten their chances of getting into whatever college they want to go to. Cause going to a top college = guaranteed successful and happy life, right? Yeah.... Nobody really does it because they are generous individuals who enjoy "giving back to their community." OK, maybe a few out of every hundred.



Anyways, if not being able to prove I did a number of hours of community service is going to bring down my otherwise pretty good high school profile significantly, I'd be willing to do some.



The question is, how much do I have to do for it to be considered anything worthwhile? Keep in mind the hardest school I'll probably apply to will be something like UC Berkeley/UCLA.



And, what should I do? Any recommendations for stuff that goes by fast?



Try not to give a vague answer that tells me you are either an idiot or somebody who doesn't know the answer.



Community service for college acceptance... Is it that necessary? If yes, what should I do?girls myspace





It's not necessary but it almost is if you want to go to top schools. Work can be a fine substitute though.



Community service for college acceptance... Is it that necessary? If yes, what should I do?skinny myspace myspace.com



You are not required to do any community service, it just adds more value into your application. but if you were very involved in high school activities then that would somewhat be equivalent

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
antivirus programs