Sunday, November 29, 2009

Is the over use of the word community getting to you?

Sociology 101. A community is an area where many or all of the necessities of life can be met, i.e. food, clothing, shelter. Now we have reference to the CIA community, the hip-hop, community, the gay community etc. None of these groups comprise a community. I am not condemning any of these groups just the over use of the word community. Example: Yesterday I had to go to the CIA community to get my dry cleaning, then I had to go to the hip hop community to see my accountant, then I had to go to the gay community to see my gay pharmacist for some aspirin. See none of these groups have all the goods and services needed to fulfill the requiremnts of life.



Is the over use of the word community getting to you?band myspace





My native language is Urdu, not English therefore I fear I can'nt express exactly waht I want to say.



I do'nt think sush examples as " over use " because word community also represents " A group of Peoples with same behavior and some common tasks based on common rules. "



If you see history of modren india , you see that muslims of India claimed there own dinstinct community on same base as described above and there calim was adopted that resulted emergence of Pakistan.The very muslim state for muslim community.In such means you may call CIA or hip-hop " A Community" .



If you want more discussion on the subject, you can email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
antivirus programs